Sad Cat Tales and Happy Cattails

Crow 
In Loving Memory of Crow
April 2008 - August 11, 2009

Quite a lot has happened since my last update, which most likely explains why I haven't updated sooner.

On August 11, I unexpectedly lost my beloved feline companion, Crow, to wet FIP. Until that day I had no idea what FIP was, and when I had taken Crow to the vet a few days earlier because he had no appetite and was grossly underweight, I hadn't a clue he wouldn't be coming home. I miss him terribly. To add insult to further injury, I have to wait several months before I can bring a new kitten home because the virus that causes FIP is highly infectious, and so I'd be putting a new kitten at risk. In the mean time, Jinni has been bonding with me. She's not as enamored with me as Crow was and tends to do her own thing more often, but she's becoming more and more affectionate with me.

I'll forever miss you, my little Crowface. We only had a year together, but it was a helluva time that I will always cherish.

On a more upbeat note, I finished all of the design and patterns I had been working on over the summer. I'm going to try and sell some of these companies that sell bedsheets, greeting cards, etc. Hopefully someone will find one of my patterns beneficial! I had a ton of fun making them, and I can definitely see myself pursuing this field of illustration in addition to children's books.

pattern_birds_blue_prev

little trees

hooves

bushes_green_prev
bushes_black_prev

catty cats in cattails

Catty cats in cattails was so much fun to do, and is a design for a greeting card or stationary. The others are repeating patterns that can be used on stationary, gift wrap, fabrics, etc.

Also, I have a strawberry Marble Pop that I am so excited to drink! Unfortunately, I promised my boyfriend, Nik, that I'd wait until he was present to open it. Why is it so great, you ask? Because there's a glass marble inside that seals it, and you have to "pop" it down to open the bottle! Its fun. Trust me.

marble pop

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply